This training is especially targeted for testers, programmers, and other development team members, but it is suitable for everyone who is interested in Robot Framework. Participants should have at least some testing experience, but no programming skills or previous test automation experience is necessary.
The training is fully generic and suitable for people in any domain. The application under test in the hands-on exercises is web based, and participants will thus get some web test automation skills as a bonus.
Course language is usually Finnish but can be held in English by request.
Participants should have a laptop with Python 2.6 or 2.7 installed. Operating system does not matter, but participants should be comfortable using the machine and have local admin rights to it.
It is possible to work also in pairs using only one laptop. If there is a need, course organizers can provide a reserve laptop without extra costs.
The planned high-level agenda is as follows. The list of additional topics can be adapted based on participant needs and interests.
- Welcome and introductions
- Robot Framework architecture and ecosystem
- Creating test cases using keyword-driven syntax
- Creating new domain specific higher level keywords
- Using test libraries
- Using variables
- Using resource files to share keywords and variables
- Data-driven testing
- Gherkin syntax
- Running tests and analyzing results
- Robot Framework and ATDD/BDD
- Tagging test cases
- Editor support (RIDE, IDE plugins, ...)
- CI support
- Introduction to test library API
- Where to find more information